All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   IT   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   ES   HR   BG   FI   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EL   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Dictionnaire Anglais-Français

Online Dictionary French-English: Enter keyword here!
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Französisch
« EN: Which is the most satisfactory translation ...    

French-English Translation of
Thank you

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Thank you!  
by cew (UN), 2018-01-17, 17:06  Spam?  
Hi, My daughter an I are writing a silly children's book to give to family members.  It includes a Fox talking to his fox friends about a Dog, eg:
Oh.  Ha! Ha!  My friends.  Of course, you're wondering what this miserable cur is doing in my den.
Our best attempt:
Oh. Ha ! Ha ! Mes amis. Naturellement, vous demandez ce que cette malheureux bête fait dans ma repaire.

How did we do?  Thanks for any help you can give us.
not bad - mostly those pesky 'gender' issues.  #885932
by matthieu- (FR/US), 2018-01-23, 20:00  Spam?  
Corrected : Oh. Ha ! Ha ! Mes amis. Naturellement, vous vous demandez ce que cette malheureuse bête fait dans mon repaire.

bête is its adj. should be in the fem. form = hence, malheureuse
repaire is masc... so its possessive pronoun should be in the masc. form = hence, mon
and the verb is reflective " se demander " - so you have vous once as the subject, and vous a second time as the reflective pronoun.

Hope that helps,
Thank you!  #885938
by cew (UN), 2018-01-23, 23:47  Spam?  
Yes, helpful.  Thank you Matthieu.  I've made the change you suggest.

Here's another:
I caught this wretched beast trying to steal the bones I'd buried in teh clearing outside.  Of course, I could have chased him away, but I decided instead to make him clean my den in preparation for my birthday party.

My attempt:
J'ai attrapé ceci misérable bête essayant de voler les ossements que je enterré dans le zone ouverte extérieur.  Bien sûr, j'aurais pu simplement le chasser, mais au lieu de cela j'ai décidé de le forcer à nettoyer mon repaire en préparation de ma fête d'anniversaire.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2018 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
French-English online dictionary (Dictionnaire Anglais-Français) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads